A responsible approach …
We support the local community providing employment and training, educating locals in sustainable fishing methods, and increasing awareness about how special their environment is and the importance of preserving it. Taking care of the environment is high on our agenda:
- We support government environmental programmes and are planting hardwood trees as part of one of these initiatives;
- Our water lease enables us to protect our reefs creating a thriving marine sanctuary;
- We strive to preserve and enhance the natural habitat on Ariara to support wildlife;
- We are experimenting with renewable energy sources to harness wind and solar power to meet some of our needs;
- We are exploring the use of carbon neutral coconut oil to run our generators rather than fossil fuels.
We endeavour to uphold these values and set an example in the community.